Monday, December 8, 2008

The Holiday Home Tour continues on to Minnesota......

I've always loved decorating for Christmas. I put on some Christmas music, pour a cup of hot chocolate..... and proceed to make a big mess!
I love to reminisce when unwrapping my treasures that were so carefully wrapped in tissue paper last year, and recall where and when I got each one of them. With three boys, I learned a long time ago that the only way to decorate the stairway is on the stairs and not the railing! This year, I went with a little different color combination. I like to use a both artificial and dried pieces with the garland.

The tree can take me a couple of days to decorate, but I love doing it.....and, my motto is, you can never have too many ornaments! A couple of years ago, our tree fell and a lot of our collectible glass ornaments were broken. I received some beautiful replacements from friends and family. I've always loved the look of tinsel - they way it sparkles when the light hits it, and the old fashioned look it gives the tree. Now, if I only had some presents bought to put under that tree!
This charming little choir boy is my favorite piece to unwrap each year. He is an older Department 56 item.
I leave these "Winter Silhouette" pieces out all Winter long!
The stocking hanging on my mirror is one I received in a TDIPT swap. Also, on the coffee table, I've used greenery and the pinecone and rusty bell tarts on a vintage cake plate....(I received the tarts in this year's TDIPT swap, and they smell just wonderful!) The Santas and snowmen I grouped together on the table are all similar, with lots of glitter.
On a shelve, I have some more of my Santa collection.
In another corner I have some of my angels, and a special Christmas ball on an ornament hanger.
My husband calls my Dicken's Village a "collection gone mad"! This antique corner cupboard works well to get a lot of houses in one area.
I've decorated the window sill above my kitchen sink with some trees and an old greeting card. Thanks for taking time to "visit" our home and I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, I really enjoyed viewing your home. What a wonderful touch you given everything! I love the idea you came up with for decorating your staircase and your collections are to die for!

    Merry Christmas!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I really enjoyed viewing your home. What a wonderful touch you given everything! I love the idea you came up with for decorating your staircase and your collections are to die for!

    Merry Christmas!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanc, everything looks fabulous and your tree is gorgeous! :> )
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i think I've died and gone to Christmas Decor Heaven! Your home is wonderful!
    Nanc, everything is so enchantingly beautiful! I love all of your collections. You have such a knack for adding the perfect touches to anything you get your hands on, the stairway looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy...your home looks like it should be in a magazine!
    Beautiful decor - thanks for letting us peek...

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats is, not one is seeing my tree! Nancy your holiday decor is breathtakingly beautiful!~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nanc....
    I about slipped in the puddle I just made from drooling over everything in your beautiful home!
    I woudlnt expect anything different from your gifted hands - breathtaking and worthy of a magazine spread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, You truly have a knack for decorating. Everything is positively gorgeous. I especially love the stairway and your attention to detail through out you home.
    It is ALL beautiful.

    Have a Healthy & Happy New Year,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!