Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mmmm Mmmm Good Mac & Cheese


With Autumn soon approaching, it's a great time to turn our ovens back on and indulge in some comfort foods!

Macaroni & Cheese is one of my very favorite dishes, and I love this recipe, which is a spin off of the good ol Cheesy Potato recipe!

4 cups uncooked Macaroni
1 stick of butter
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1- 16oz. container Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1- 12oz package grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
Velveeta cheese to taste
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Cook macaroni as directed, being careful not to overcook.
Melt butter, and mix together w/ the soup, sour cream, and milk.

In large bowl combine w/ macaroni. Fold in the grated cheese, and then cut up a bit of Velveeta cheese (I use about 4 oz or so) and add that to the mix. I'm not a big fan of processed cheese food, but the Velveeta adds a certain zip to this recipe.
Poor macaroni mixture into a sprayed 9x13" baking pan, and sprinkle w/ bread crumbs.
Bake uncovered at 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

Yum Yum....Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds good. I am going to have to make this recipe
    thanks
    Blessings~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds so divine. Just in time for the fish fry Im going to Sunday.Thanks for sharing Patty ! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does the food at your house ALWAYS sound so good??!! I am lucky I don't live close to you, I'd weigh 600lbs!

    ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMM!!! I am on my way over!! Yummy Yummy in my tummy!!! Hugs, Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds scrumptious, Patty, can't wait to try this one!

    ~Diane~

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as the new door is installed i will making this!!! Sounds DEEEEELISH!!!!!
    jen

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!